Strive is made up of several committees and working groups. In order to encompass the voice of all professionals in the community, we invite practitioners to join the conversations.
Strive is a collaborative group of Child Care and Early Years Practitioners who support learning and development in order to enhance quality practice.
Since 2014, Strive has been meeting to discuss and consider how to enhance a collaborative approach to quality child care and professional learning across all early years and child care programs. Our community is interested in a process that supports reflection and sustainable evolution rather than a prescribed method to measure.
The Strive Committee meets on the second Wednesday of every month alternating between the afternoon and evening. All are welcome to join!
*Please note that Strive Meetings did not take place in their traditional format during the Covid-19 pandemic. We did not collect minutes during the “Coffee and Conversations” meetings.
Strive Meeting January 10 2019: Strive Meeting Minutes January 2020
Strive Meeting November 9 2019: Strive Meeting Minutes November 2019
Strive Meeting Minutes: October 11 2019: Strive Meeting Minutes October 2019
Strive Advisory Committee
Strive is a responsive, community driven organization with an Advisory Committee that is tasked with ensuring the strategies and tactics are put into action. Members of the Advisory Committee represent the diversity and complexity of the Child Care and Early Years sector. Strive leverages administrative support from a backbone organization; Childreach, and takes all organizational initiatives to the membership for endorsement.
The advisory committee is made up of the following members:
- Ally Scott – Strive
- Amanda Benton – London District Catholic School Board
- Angela Woodburn – London Bridge Child Care Services
- Barb Jackson – Parkwood Children’s Centre
- Breanna Piccolotto – Strive
- Cora Burns – Milestones Children’s Centre
- Cyndi Frizelle – YMCA of Southwestern Ontario
- Holly Gerrits – Thames Valley District School Board
- Kelly Smith – County of Middlesex
- Kelly Walker – Good Beginnings – Oxford County
- Lee-Anne Cross – All Kids Belong – Merrymount
- Linda Grainger – London Children’s Connection
- Lori Wilson – Whitehills Childcare Association
- Meaghan MacDonell – Strive
- Sheryl Third – Fanshawe College
- Teresa Sulowski – St Thomas/Elgin Children’s Services
- Yvette Scrivener – Childreach
Professional Learning Committee
To influence, support and promote accessible professional learning opportunities within the Early Childhood Community in London and five surrounding counties.
- To influence the early learning community to provide learning opportunities that align with evidence-based practice.
- To support our community to participate in learning opportunities that contribute to individual goals and the advancement of our profession.
- To promote a professional learning culture that upholds a high image of children, families and educators.
For our guiding principles, click here: Guiding Principles of Professional Learning
Mentor Working Group
Mentor Working Group and the Professional Learning Committee have merged to work collaboratively to identify and plan opportunities for relationship- based mentoring.
Building relationships, encouraging reflection and creating intentional opportunities to connect with other practitioners, will support educators to grow professionally and transform their practice.