Mental Health Resources:
– Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) BounceBack Ontario Program. It is designed to help adults and youth 15+ manage low mood, mild to moderate depression and anxiety, stress or worry. Delivered over the phone with a coach and through online videos, individuals will get access to tools that will support them on their path to mental wellness.
– KidsHelpPhone e-mental health service that remains open for young people across Canada 24/7 without any face-to-face contact.
– Big White Wall is an online service providing access to people with anxiety, depression and other common mental health issues.
– Article by Ryan Van Lieshout, highlighting resources and insights on managing postpartum depression in New moms isolated by coronavirus pandemic.
– First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line offers immediate help to all Indigenous peoples across Canada.
Crisis Services Canada is a national network of existing distress, crisis and suicide prevention line services
– ConnexOntario provides free and confidential health services information for people experiencing problems with alcohol and drugs, mental illness and/or gambling. The navigation and information service is live-answer 24/7.
– It’s okay to have tough days. If you’re feeling anxious or stressed, know that you’re not alone. We’re here for you – and we’re making sure there are tools and resources available to help you. Health Canada launched a new mental health portal: Wellness Together Canada
– Mental Health and the COVID-19 Pandemic from CAMH This webpage is designed to help people with concerns and questions about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on their lives and mental well-being. It is not intended to be a resource for people who require screening for COVID-19 or are experiencing a mental health crisis.
– Resource Hub collated by the Mental Health Commission of Canada – being updating all the time. Check out the new “Ask the Experts” section!
– From Family Service Thames Valley: Mental Wellness You This video provides practical tips on managing your Mental Health during the Covid-19 emergency.
– Shoppers Drug mart is partnering with SilverCloud Health to offer a free online stress management program
“When coping with stress, know that there’s a silver lining.As COVID-19 disrupts our daily routines and creates a new level of stress, it is important to prioritize your mental health & wellbeing. We have designed a stress management program to help you manage your stress and build resilience.”
Register through the Shoppers website, using the code SHOPPERS