LOCATION: School Age Summer Care Program
START DATE: Orientation/Training begins approximately at end of June 2023 or sooner – Summer Care Program begins on July 4, 2023
END DATE: August 25, 2023
HOURS: 35 hours per week
The positions available and length of employment are dependent upon the criteria set by Canada Summer Jobs and
Youth Employment Strategy programs funded by the Federal Government. In order to apply for a position, you must:
• Be legally entitled to work in Ontario
• Meet the eligibility criteria (Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act)
• Be between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at the start of the employment
Good Beginnings Day Nursery is looking to hire multiple Summer Care Early Childhood Program Staff Assistants. These individuals will assist the Educators in facilitating the inclusion of children into the Summer Care program.
The successful candidates will assist in nurturing children (approximate ages 5-13) to become independent, responsible and confident individuals. They will work collaboratively with the Summer Care team to; plan and implement weekly activities, observe the health and well-being of each child through daily health checks, and supervise children in the program at all times to ensure safety.
We are seeking friendly, energetic and engaged individuals, who possess the following qualifications:
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Enjoys working with children
• Works well in a team environment and independently
• Experience working with children would be an asset
• Current Certification in Standard First Aid, including Infant and Child CPR (Level C)
• Current Police Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check (if applicable) acceptable to Good Beginnings
• Health Assessment including Immunization Records
• Familiarity with the following resource would also be an asset: How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years.